[Counselors] Senior class rank for early grads

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Dec 1 12:46:40 CST 2017

Remember folks the following answers are local policy; Jill is just looking for feedback:

Alt Ed students are not counted in class count/rank.  Early grad are counted in class count/rank.

Both are allowed to participate in graduation ceremonies & Senior activities if they are "in good standing".  Early graduates are promoted to next "grade" as soon as credits are completed.

We include all seniors with the appropriate credits in senior class count and rank. They do participate in all senior activities. Any early graduation students are listed as juniors for the 1st semester, and then promoted at semester break to seniors for the spring semester. They are included in class rank at the end of their senior year.

Moore includes both alt ed and early grads in our class counts and rank.  If the student is enrolled as a senior the final semester of their high school education, they count.
They are invited to attend in the ceremonies in the spring.
Any student who graduates is enrolled as a senior even if it is an early graduation.  We bump them up to senior status for their final semester of school.  Our classifications are driven solely by credit count.
Kristy Hernandez, M.Ed.
Director of Student Services
Moore Public Schools
405-735-4298

Remember folks the following questions are local policy; Jill is just looking for feedback:

I have a few questions for HS Counselors...
Does your school include Alt Ed and/or early grads in your senior class count and class rank?
Do they participate in graduation ceremonies at end of year?
Do you have students that complete in 3 years and what do you do about their rank?  If so, do you include them in junior rank or bump them up and put them with senior class?

​Thanks!​

Jill Moery
​ ​