[Counselors] Transgender Resources

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Jan 27 16:44:48 CST 2017

http://www.glsen.org/safespace

Glsen is a very good resource with the goal of making all k-12 school programs a safe space for our children to learn and grow. The resources and information share are great conversation starters and help us identify our biases and understanding of other humans.
Also:  Thrive LGBQT

Electa Hare-RedCorn, MSW LCSW-P
Academic Counselor/ Intern Program Administrator
Osage Nation Education Department
102 Buffalo Avenue
Hominy, OK 74035
Office (918) 287-9788
Cell (918)399-6999

http://www.nj.gov/dcf/adolescent/lgbtqi/Northern%20Region%20Pride%20Guide.pdf

Very thorough and very good!

I have googled stuff and found what I like.  I ran an alternative lifestyle group at my former school that was very successful.  I am starting one at my current school but my crazy schedule has delayed it a bit.  I would be more than happy to visit with you about what I do if you would like.  My cell is 405-323-2868.
staceymarchino at clevelandtigers.com<mailto:staceymarchino at clevelandtigers.com>

We have a group called GSA that seems to really help our students. It is a club at school. Here is an overview of the club:
A GSA club is a student-run club in a high school or middle school that brings together LGBTQI + and straight students to support each other, provide a safe place to socialize, and create a platform to fight for racial, gender, LGBTQ, and economic justice. "GSA" has historically stood for Gay-Straight Alliance, however many clubs have expanded the name of their clubs beyond the binary Gay-Straight terminology.
We have a lot of student involvement and students curious of where they fit in really seem to enjoy this group. They meet weekly.
http://www.okeq.org/transgender-support.html has additional resources
Another link I found:  https://gsanetwork.org/about-us

Shyanne Gatrost, M.S. School Counseling
9-10 Grade Counselor
Harding Charter Preparatory High School
3333 N. Shartel Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
405 – 606 – 8742
www.hardingcharterprep.org

Would you please share any resources you have regarding transgender students?