[Counselors] Registration is coming soon for our Alumni Summer Institute June 27-June 30 at Quartz Mountain Lodge

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Jan 31 11:01:20 CST 2017

Registration is coming soon for our Counselor/Indian Ed Alumni Summer Institute June 27-June 30 at Quartz Mountain Lodge.  I will let you know when it is on our website to register.
I wanted to send you the agenda and other very important information that you will need when you register.

There will be a $75.00 registration fee and space will be limited to 75 people (that is all our budget allows)

The registration is going to ask for billing contact name, billing contact phone number, billing contact email address and your payment information.  You will have to select Check Number and put in the check number or Purchase Order and put in the PO number in order to finish your registration.  This along with your name, address, email and phone all have to be completed before you click submit.

This is what it says at the bottom of the registration form:

Please make checks payable to OSRHE and mail to:

Attn: Theresa Battles, Student Preparation
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104

Questions? Contact lnelson at osrhe.edu or call 405.225.9257 (this is my office number which is forwarded to my cell phone, yes you can call my cell if you have that number)

Here is the agenda:

Tuesday, June 27:  Check in to rooms is at 3:30 and our welcome session will begin at 5:00

Wednesday, June 28: Questions and Answers from Lynn Jones, Executive Director of Accreditation, Shelly Ellis, Executive Director of Counseling, and Michelle Sutherland, Director of Prevention Services from
             State Department of Education;
Daniel Archer, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, OSRHE, information regarding concurrent enrollment;
 OK Promise updates and information with Carol Alexander;
College admissions panel

Thursday, June 29:  Mini Presentations (these are going to replace round table discussions- this is for you to share a best practice, or 2, with the whole group -15 to 20 minutes long);
         Tashina Tahdooahnippah will present best practices for college career readiness for PK-12th grades;
          More Mini Presentations to group;
                                  Indian Education Panel;
                                  More Mini Presentations to group

Friday, June 30:  Q & A with Chelsea Hunt, OSRHE, regarding OKcollegestart;
                           Oklahoma Teacher Connection- Collegiate Grants, Educators Rising, Lead Oklahoma, and Teach Oklahoma with Melissa Michie, OSRHE
Dismiss by 11:30.

Your room and meals are paid for (with part of the $75.00 registration fee).  You will have your own room.  Every evening is free to you to do as you wish.  Our sessions will end around 4:30.
We always have a great time and enjoy learning from others.

Again, I will let you know when our registration is live.  Please have all of the information ready when you register.
Please don't hesitate to call me if you have questions.

Lisa Nelson
Assistant Director of Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Cell:  580.614.1328
Office:  405.225.9257

"You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life."~ Zig Ziglar