[Counselors] Home school students

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Jun 2 13:15:56 CDT 2017

Hello!  I was wondering what other school's do when they have a student come to the high school from being home schooled?  This potential student has had a variety of curriculum form various different companies (Teaching Textbooks, Apologia, School house, Bob Jones University, and Accelerated Christian Education).  I was planning to have him test, he was homeschooled for his freshmen and sophomore years.  He wants to come to us as a junior.

I know we have had a couple of other students from a church school, but their curriculum was accredited and we took those grades.  Le t me know what your school does in this situation.

Thanks for your help!

--
Kacee Poteet, MPH
Guidance Counselor, L-Z