[Counselors] 9 openings left for Summer Institute

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Mar 29 15:11:40 CDT 2017

Good afternoon,
I know that you are trying to get testing scheduled and all of that wonderful stuff (not!)!  I just wanted to let you know that we have 9 openings left for our Summer Institute June 27-30, Tuesday-Friday at Quartz Mountain Lodge near Lone Wolf.  Here is the link to the lodge for your viewing:  http://www.quartzmountainresort.com/  (we make all of the reservations)

If you are available to attend you will need a PO and or check number before you begin the registration process as it will time out.  The registration fee is $75.00.

Your room and meals are paid for (with part of the $75.00 registration fee). We will have plated meals for most of our afternoon and evening meals.
You will have your own room.  Every evening is free to you to do as you wish.  Our sessions usually will end around 4:30, except for the first evening on Tuesday.

To register for the summer institute go to:  http://okhighered.org/student-prep/#summer
You should get a confirmation page once you register, if you don't please call me, 580.614.1328, or email me, lnelson at osrhe.edu as I can see that you registered.

Here is the agenda:

Tuesday, June 27:  Check in to rooms at 3:30; Welcome session will begin at 5:00 (the first day is the only late day)

Wednesday, June 28: Questions and Answers with State Department of Education - Lynn Jones, Executive Director of Accreditation, Shelly Ellis, Executive Director of Counseling, and Michelle
            Sutherland, Director of Prevention Services;
Daniel Archer, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, OSRHE, information regarding concurrent enrollment; OK Promise updates and information with Carol Alexander;

Wednesday afternoon:  College admissions panel

Thursday, June 29:  Mini Presentations (these are going to replace round table discussions- this is for you to share a best practice, or 2, with the whole group -15 to 20 minutes long);
                                 Tashina Tahdooahnippah will present best practices for college career readiness for PK-12th grades;

Thursday afternoon:  More Mini Presentations to group;
                                   Indian Education Panel;
                                   More Mini Presentations to group

Friday, June 30:  Q & A with Chelsea Hunt, OSRHE, regarding OKcollegestart;
                            Oklahoma Teacher Connection- Collegiate Grants, Educators Rising, Lead Oklahoma, and Teach Oklahoma with Melissa Michie, OSRHE
Dismiss by 11:30

To register for the summer institute go to:  http://okhighered.org/student-prep/#summer

Remember if you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me, lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>, or call me 405.225.9257, or my cell phone, 580.614.1328.

Have a great evening!
Lisa Nelson
Assistant Director of Student Preparation
lnelson at osrhe.edu<mailto:lnelson at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>
Cell:  580.614.1328

"You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life."~ Zig Ziglar