[Counselors] Driving certificate for students on IEP

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon May 22 08:24:40 CDT 2017

I am attaching a letter I use for my IEP students not passing the 8th grade reading test.  I sign and stamp the first paragraph about attending school and then let the student’s Sp. Ed. teacher of record sign the second part if they have the needed information to justify the student showing improvement.
Amy Russell
Amy Russell arussell at nobleps.com<mailto:arussell at nobleps.com>

We give the parent a letter to take to the DMV that is dated and signed by the student and principal. It states: "The student listed below is working to his/her maximum potential and does have an IEP in place.  He/She has supports and accommodations provided on a daily basis within our school system." We put this on letterhead and give it to the parent, not the DMV.
Hope that helps.

At all the schools that I have been counselor, we just mark them that they passed without attaching any documentation.
Kay Gilchrist
Counselor
Deer Creek- Lamont Public Schools

If it is written in the IEP that they meet x, versus CRT score, you are good.