[Counselors] FW: Counseling Question

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Nov 14 09:36:30 CST 2017

Video on Bullying that NWOSU shared with another counselor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKjW1OIjuw – It is really good and worth the watch.  He teaches about resilience.

Excellent Anti-Bullying Video from Burger King
You might want to be aware that a few words are bleeped out at the 1:30 to 1:35 second mark.  We just skipped over it.  It’s an amazing and very eye-opening video and promotes the idea of being an UPstander, not a bystander.  We showed it to every student at our school last week.
https://youtu.be/mnKPEsbTo9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Evwgu369Jw&disable_polymer=true
Brene Brown Video on Empathy.
Kristin Atchley, MS, LMFT
Student Advocacy Coordinator
Norman High School
911 W. Main, 73069
P: (405) 366-5812
F: 405-366-5975

The DVD "Cipher in the Snow" is pretty touching.  You might try getting it to show them.  Teresa Shivers, counselor Pleasant Grove, Shawnee

I’ve used the “Second Step” Program…very effective. Have to purchase the kit.
ejhepburn at okcps.org<mailto:ejhepburn at okcps.org>

I showed the video of the two boys from American idol.   My students were touched.  I believe it will suit any age.
ingraca at tulsaschools.org<mailto:ingraca at tulsaschools.org>