[Counselors] Preparing for ICAP

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Tue Oct 10 12:12:52 CDT 2017

Katie,
I just went to a training with OKCollegeStart last week.  There is SO much you can do with them beyond the ICAP.  I liked theirs because Chelsea has basically already built it for us, you can add or delete any components of the curriculum that you would like.   I like it also because of the electronic transcript component for the HS.

I do not know much about the Career Guide yet.  Tommi Leach said that Guidance Fest will be a lot about the Career Guide ICAP and so I am going to one of those to learn more about that.

*April Chambers*
*Counselor, M.Ed.*
*Perkins-Tryon High School*
*1003 E. Hwy 33*
*Perkins, OK 74059*
*(405)547-5724 ext. 17*

Last year I used OK College Start for my 7th and 8th graders at Jenks MS, to start the ICAP process.

Thank you,

Mechell Cash, M.Ed, LPC
Beggs High School Counselor
(918) 267-3625 ext. 0306
1201 West 9th
Beggs, OK 74421

Question:
Thinking about the new ICAP requirements coming down the road, I would like to get the ball rolling. I am really confused though on which to use: OK Career Guide or OK College Start. Does anyone have any input on which is best to use for 7th 8th and 9th graders transitioning to high school? Please let me know if there are certain things you like about either program.

Thanks,

Katie Sparks
Counselor
Pauls Valley Junior High