[Counselors] Suicide/ Mental Health/ bullying

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Sep 8 18:58:39 CDT 2017

Try Julie Geddes…
Julie Geddes
Senior Field Representative
405-248-9275 Office
405-388-8029 Cell
405-366-2309 Fax
Suicide Prevention
Garrett Lee Smith Suicide Prevention Grant
Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Oklahoma City, OK 73117

NEWS!
Please visit our web page here<https://ok.gov/odmhsas/Prevention_/Prevention_Initiatives/Suicide_Prevention_and_Early_Intervention_Initiative/> to access resources for loss survivors bereaved by suicide.

bogeno at okcps.org<mailto:bogeno at okcps.org>

Contact Heartline, Inc. at 405-840-9396. Ask about the school-based Suicide etc. Prevention Program. I worked with Megan Rollins, School-Base Prevention Coordinator. Unsure if she is still there. The Program is great. There's a program for parents, staff, and students. They provide complete service including handouts, etc.

Hepburn, M.Ed
OKCPS Secondary Counselor
Rogers Middle School
4000 N. Spencer Rd, Spencer, Ok 73084
Office (405)-587-4110
ejhepburn at okcps.org<mailto:ejhepburn at okcps.org>

Contact Megan Rollins who is the school based prevention coordinator 405-840-9396 x 107 mrollins at heartlineoklahoma.org<mailto:mrollins at heartlineoklahoma.org>. She comes here each year and does a class presentation to each grade with great resources for suicide prevention.
ssharp at cdwildcats.com<mailto:ssharp at cdwildcats.com>

Check with the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. Shelby Rowe works with suicide prevention in children. Her number is 405-248-9274 and email is shelby.rowe at ODMHSAS.org<mailto:shelby.rowe at ODMHSAS.org>
mmahan at altusps.com<mailto:mmahan at altusps.com>

Check with Creek Nation and or the tribe closest to you. Creek Nation has come to our school.
mbenning at sapulpaps.org<mailto:mbenning at sapulpaps.org>

Our Meth and Suicide Prevention Initiative may have some speakers. Please email me directly with a little more information about your district and its needs, and I’ll make that connection.
Tesia Zientek, M.A. ​| Director
1601 S. Gordon Cooper Drive ​| Shawnee, OK 74801
(O) 405.275.3121 x1431 ​| (C) 405.650.0524
tesia.zientek at potawatomi.org<mailto:tesia.zientek at potawatomi.org>

You might check with local mental health agencies in your area.  Sometimes they have programs they can present, or could send someone to do some small group talks.
Jennifer Sack | Counselor
Tulsa Public Schools,  Booker T. Washington High School
1514 E. Zion St, Room 319, Tulsa, OK 74106

T: 918-925-1004
sackje at tulsaschools.org<mailto:sackje at tulsaschools.org>
www.tulsaschools.org<http://www.tulsaschools.org>

I would recommend contacting Julie Geddes.  She works for the Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services and coordinates suicide prevention training in Oklahoma for schools. Her contact information is:

Julie Geddes
Senior Field Representative
405-248-9275 Office
405-388-8029 Cell
405-366-2309 Fax
Suicide Prevention
Garrett Lee Smith Suicide Prevention Grant Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services

I hope this information helps!

Joelle
Great Plains Technology Center
Joelle Jolly