[Counselors] Camera in Counselor Office

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Sep 18 12:55:40 CDT 2017

My district installed cameras with both audio and video throughout the
district recently including one in my counselor's office.  I have sent
documentation and tried to have open discussions regarding this matter with
the district superintendent to no avail.  He was provided with The School
Counselor's Guide and directed to the section titled Facilities.  I
provided Standard VI of Standards for Accreditation.  I provided the ASCA
Appropriate and Inappropriate Activities for School Counselors.  I never
dreamed this would be a battle I would be fighting.  Has anyone else had to
deal with this issue?

--
*Carmella Murray*
*Counselor*