[Counselors] Scholarship essays

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Sep 25 11:29:27 CDT 2017

Good Morning,

I tell my students to use their church activities, such as bible school,
children's church, etc.  Also, if you have an after school program students
could volunteer to help with younger students homework, they could do some
character ed. lessons/skits, or read a library book to different age
groups.  During Red Ribbon week I've taken some of my leaders into the
younger classrooms and they would tell them to make good choices, talk
about fire danger, bullying, etc.  (It depended on the age of students they
were visiting.)

I hope some of this helps.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 8:09 PM, OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion
Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> I am in need of examples. I work in a very rural area. My students have
> limited activities during 9th, 10th and 11th grade. Then when we begin to
> write essays the community service is limited. Any ideas.
>

> Thank you
> Elizabeth Been
> Mason School

*Thank you,*

*Stephanie Lee*

*Prague High School*
*Counselor*
*(405) 567-8525*
*slee at prague.k12.ok.us <slee at prague.k12.ok.us>*

*"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off
your goal."  -Henry Ford *