[Counselors] FW: Help for student needing glasses

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Dec 4 08:59:39 CST 2019

The North Enid Lion's Club provides glasses. I don't know what their requirements are, but here is their contact info: (580) 234-8485, admn.n.enid.lions at gmail.com<mailto:admn.n.enid.lions at gmail.com>

I would check your Local Lions Club.  Their main mission is about providing eye glasses to those who need them.

Our local Lions Club does our children who can't afford glasses.  I think that it is internationally that they do this.
*Kathie Waugh*
Guidance Counselor
Laverne Schools
Office:580-921-3610
Cell:580-334-6882
Fax:580-921-3936

I know the Lions Club in our area have provided exams/glasses for our students. You might reach out to them or an organization like that.
Mechell Cash, M.Ed, LPC
Beggs High School Counselor
(918) 267-3625 ext. 0306
1201 West 9th
Beggs, OK 74421

I am sure that there are organizations that can provide glasses, but he will need to get a prescription first. Probably the quickest remedy is to find someone in the community who might be willing to pay for an
optometrist visit.

I know for sure there are resources for Native American students.
Caryn Record
Caryn Record, Chickasaw, M.Ed
Moore Public Schools
Indian Education Coordinator
405-735-4301
carynrecord at mooreschools.com<mailto:carynrecord at mooreschools.com>

If you have a local Lions club, that is one of their charities.