[Counselors] Help for student needing glasses

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Dec 4 09:00:55 CST 2019

Wouldn't he be considered homeless?  The school should have money available
for homeless students.

[image: Mailtrack]
Sender
notified by
Mailtrack
12/04/19,
08:59:11 AM

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 8:45 AM OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion
Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are resources for students who need an eye exam
> and glasses but cannot afford them?  I have a senior who just realized he
> cannot see the smart board unless sitting up close.  His dad is out of
> touch with him and his mom is in prison.  He is staying with a family who
> currently supporting him, and they have other kids.  We are a small school
> in western Oklahoma.

Hollie Youngbear
Indian Education Director
Watonga Public Schools