[Counselors] FW: school detention

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 7 08:15:32 CST 2019

We have a restorative program.  A restorative ISS program.  We call ours IRP-Irving restorative program.  It's built around the philosophy of being restorative in nature instead of punitive.  There is a lot of self-reflection and a counseling session built into every day! We love it and it has been very helpful to the students.

Ours is ISI    In School Intervention

We have also been looking at this. A couple of our ideas...In-School Alternative Placement (Mascot name) hour/time
*Amy Whitewater*
Community Manager - Project AWARE
Woodward Public Schools
580-256-6063 x 3547

My favorite is: OASIS- Opportunity to Acquire Skills for Individual Success
Kristin Atchley, LMFT
Executive Director of Counseling
Director Project AWARE
Oklahoma State Department of Education