[Counselors] FW: school detention

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 7 10:19:03 CST 2019

Does anyone have a counseling curriculum that you use or would recommend
for using in your In School Detention program? If so does anyone have
research or data to show a decrease in discipine/behavioral problems? If so
please email me. shilo.dodd at cacheps.org

Shilo Dodd
Cache Public School

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 8:16 AM OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion
Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> We have a restorative program.  A restorative ISS program.  We call ours
> IRP-Irving restorative program.  It's built around the philosophy of being
> restorative in nature instead of punitive.  There is a lot of
> self-reflection and a counseling session built into every day! We love it
> and it has been very helpful to the students.
>

> Ours is ISI    In School Intervention
>

> We have also been looking at this. A couple of our ideas...In-School
> Alternative Placement (Mascot name) hour/time
>
> *Amy Whitewater*
>
> Community Manager - Project AWARE
>
> Woodward Public Schools
>
> 580-256-6063 x 3547
>

> My favorite is: OASIS- Opportunity to Acquire Skills for Individual Success
>
> Kristin Atchley, LMFT
>
> Executive Director of Counseling
>
> Director Project AWARE
>
> Oklahoma State Department of Education