[Counselors] Still using PSAT?

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Sep 6 08:22:43 CDT 2019

I offer it to our juniors but I usually only have one or two take it each
year.  Our school will pay for any junior who wants to take it.  If it were
not connected to the National Merit Scholarship I would not offer it and I
do make sure the students understand the connection.  The chances of having
a National Merit Scholar are very slim of course but I don't want to be the
one to take away that opportunity for the student so I give the students
the option.  And I also don't want to have to deal with an angry parent who
later finds out their child didn't have the opportunity to take it.

Deborah Miller
Sentinel School Counselor