[Counselors] Summer school question

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 4 09:58:32 CST 2021

Interested in this.  Our Sup is thinking about doing summer school too.

Yes, most schools around us charge.  I don't know if that's just students from other schools or if they charge their own students as well.  But it was pretty expensive, like around $300 per course for one semester or half of a credit.
Amy Broadbent
Cashion High School Counselor
405-433-2575
abroadbent at cashionps.org<mailto:abroadbent at cashionps.org>

Yes, we are offering summer school for both June and July for 2 days a week because some students are really struggling with remote learning and we have been in and out all year.  We are not charging.
Robin Klugh, Counselor
Town and Country School
8906 E. 34th St.
Tulsa, Ok  74145
918-296-3113 ext 106
rklugh at tandcschool.org<mailto:rklugh at tandcschool.org>

I would like to add to this.
We are looking at doing summer school as well. Are schools charging for this and if they are, how much? Any incentives to finish the course?
Thank you,
Amber Harp
High School Counselor
Alternative Education Director
Graduation & Yearbook Sponsor

Our high school is looking at the possibility of holding summer school this summer for kids who need to make up credits. Any 9-12 schools already utilize a summer school program that would email me their layout/schedule or any info? We want to use actual teachers for five weeks, maybe 8-12 four days a week--something other than Edgenuity......thanks in advance!
Paula Leffingwell
Kingfisher High School Counselor
pleffingwell at kingfisher.k12.ok.us<mailto:pleffingwell at kingfisher.k12.ok.us>
405.375.4191
***Kindness matters, everyday--that's the Jacket way!***

Annette Long
Coordinator for Student Preparation
along at osrhe.edu<mailto:along at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/student-prep<http://www.okhighered.org/student-prep>