[Counselors] Honors program

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 4 13:49:47 CST 2021

We are reevaluating our Honors Program to hopefully make it more stringent.  Can I have some ideas about your Honors requirements? Thanks!
Nicole Martens
School Counselor
Fairview Public Schools

Our Honors Diploma requires 4 maths and 4 sciences one of which must be Physics (OR they can substitute Physics with with Chemistry AND A & P, AND AP English (or Freshman Comp I and II). It also requires a 3.5 and above GPA. Class Valedictorian(s) must be on the Honors Diploma. I'll be interested to hear what other schools do as well.

Our students have to take 4 weighted classes and have a 4.0 or higher on a weighted scale.

These are the requirements for Honors/Val/Sal for Woodward are below.

[image.png]
Amy L. Whitewater, M.Ed.
Community Manager- Project AWARE
Woodward Public Schools