[Counselors] Scholarships

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Jul 8 12:53:57 CDT 2021

Here are a few links to scholarships for students who have lost a parent. Some are college-specific and others are for certain types of trauma. The student can Google her situation and possibly find scholarships that would fit her circumstances.
https://lifehappens.org/life-lessons-scholarship-program/
https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/paying-for-college/articles/scholarships-that-help-students-who-have-lost-a-parent
https://owlcation.com/academia/College-Scholarships-for-Children-with-a-Deceased-Parent
https://jlvcollegecounseling.com/scholarships/circumstances/lost-a-parent/

She can also complete scholarship search profiles that may match her up to scholarships that would be beneficial. Here are a few she can try:
https://secure.okcollegestart.org/Financial_Aid_Planning/Scholarships/Scholarships.aspx
https://ucango2.org/Scholarships.html
https://www.petersons.com/scholarship-search.aspx
https://www.fastweb.com/
https://www.occf.org/
https://www.scholarships.com/
https://www.unigo.com/

Thanks!

Kelli Kelnar
Assistant Director for Outreach Services
Oklahoma College Assistance Program
A division of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
kkelnar at ocap.org<mailto:kkelnar at ocap.org>
Phone:  405.234.4313  l Toll-Free: 866.443.7420  l Toll-Free: 800.970.OKMM
UCanGo2.org  OKcollegestart.org  OklahomaMoneyMatters.org
ReadySetRepay.org  StartWithFAFSA.org  OKcollegeaccess.org
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6CD86.D5B77490] [cid:image008.png at 01D773F8.50666350]
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D6CD86.D5B77490]

Note: This communication and attachments, if any, are intended solely for the use of the addressee hereof. In addition, this information and attachments,
if any, may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law including, but not limited to, the Privacy
Act of 1974. If you are not the intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating,
or otherwise using this information. If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender and immediately delete this communication
from your system.