[Counselors] questions about creating a zero hour weightlifting class

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 10 12:54:56 CST 2022

In Enid we have classes similar to this.  You can email me directly and I can get you in touch with our strength and conditioning coach ggwatts at enidk12.org<mailto:ggwatts at enidk12.org>

Yes, we used to have a zero hour class for an AP course.  The students did still earn credit for the course, it's just an extra hour available to allow students to get in an additional course that perhaps may typically not fit in their schedule due to other activities they're involved in.
Tori Whitecotton, LPC, MED
Carl Albert HS School Counselor Q-Z

We offer this. They get credit but no grade. That is our school policy. We also take attendance, but since it is outside of our ‘school’ day it doesn’t count against them. We leave their attendance enforcement up to the coaches.

We have done it for sport teams, but it was a part of that coaches requirements.  I'm not sure how it would work otherwise for credit.