[Counselors] questions about creating a zero hour weightlifting class

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Thu Feb 10 09:37:00 CST 2022

Some of my Coaches have asked about having a "Zero Hour Weightlifting" class.  Basically it's a class that's before school but it is treated like a class.  I'm being told that grades can be given and attendance taken, etc.  Does anyone know anything about this type of situation?  Do they get credit for this class?  I've just never heard of this and don't know how to do it on my end of things.
Thank you!
April Chambers, M.Ed.
Perkins-Tryon High School Counselor
1003 E. Hwy 33