[Counselors] Online classes

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Wed Jan 5 11:02:55 CST 2022

At Bixby High School, students can only request to be moved to a virtual
class (Edgenuity) during the first 15 days of the semester. We have an
online lab in the building that students can report to if it's part of
their school day (if it's not home virtual at the beginning/ end of the
day-or full time virtual).  We have capped the # of students that can take
virtual courses so those teachers tracking those grades/students aren't
overloaded. Second semester we are full so no one can move over at this
point without special admin approval...

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 11:51 AM OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor
Discussion Board <counselors at lists.onenet.net> wrote:

> What is your district's policy regarding when a student can take an online
> class instead of sitting in the class with a teacher? Do you have a policy
> (such as credit recovery only, age, etc) or can any student opt to take an
> online class?
>
> I am not referring to full time online, only one class.
>
> --
> *"Children are not an interruption of our work; they are the purpose." *
> *Dee Monroe, M.Ed.*
> Verdigris Jr High Counselor Grades 7-9
> 918 266-6333 ext 2115

Sandy M Thompson
Counselor for Special Services students 10th-12th
Bixby High School