[Counselors] Concurrent course and GPA's

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Mar 7 11:05:50 CST 2022

We are looking into changing our policy concerning concurrent enrollment
and looking for input.  We currently do NOT give HS credit for taking
concurrent courses.  Here's the situation;  Student A has taken no
concurrent classes and has a 3.98 GPA over 42 classes.  Student B has taken
4 CC classes, receiving A's in each and has a 3.97 GPA over 40 classes.
 Because A took 2 more electives during the time B was taking college
coursework, they beat student B who has definitely put in more effort.
Basically they are losing an honor for taking a more challenging course
load.  How do your schools handle this situation??

Thanks for your input.

Tina Blackketter
Counselor
Leedey Public Schools