[DSIG] DSIG Meeting Recap

Nicole Crethar ansumpcre at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:27:14 CDT 2012

Hello All,

We had a very good meeting today.I have a few things I want to share
with everyone.

DSIG Website
http://dsig.okacrl.org/

Our website for DSIG is hosted in Wordpress.I would love to have
volunteers to help with website maintenance and content.I would also
love it if there is a person out there who would like to take point on
the website.It isn't a ton of work but it would be a lot of fun,
especially if you enjoy tinkering.Let me know if being an editor or
manager interests you and I will get you registered.

We had a couple of really good presentations today.I am including links
from today's discussions.Please let me know if you have any questions.

Wow, OneNet Does That!
Presented by Roy Degler

  * http://presentations.atyourlibrary.com/presentations/wow-onenet-does-that!!/
    <http://presentations.atyourlibrary.com/presentations/wow-onenet-does-that%21%21/>
  * http://www.opensourcecms.com/

Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference
Presented by Casey Ashe

  * Conference Website
      o http://www.vwbpe.org/
      o http://business.treet.tv/shows/bpeducation
  * Open Textbooks
      o http://collegeopentextbooks.ning.com/
      o http://oerconsortium.org/
  * "You are Here, Even When You're Not" Rinda Conwell
      o http://business.treet.tv/shows/bpeducation/episodes/bpe2011-056
      o http://cooltoys.posterous.com
  * "Using Mobile Devices for Community and Team-Building in the Classroom"
      o http://www.slideshare.net/jgerst1111
  * "Uru in the Classroom"
      o http://mystonline.com/en/
  * "Tapping the Potential of Open Blended Courses in Virtual Worlds"
    Stylianos Mystakidis
      o http://blog.edu.gr/archives/1113
      o http://goo.gl/zwlsw

Expect to see Calls for Proposals for the COIL Workshop and probably the
fall OK-ACRL Conference coming soon.They will both have tech themes so I
suspect there will be a lot of interest from DSIG members.

If you weren't able to make it to the meeting don't worry.We will have
another one soon.Keep an eye on the list for more information.

Best,
Nicole

ansumpcre at gmail.com
Skype:sumpcre