[Eoscstudents] Menu forTGI Friday Aug. 18

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Aug 18 09:52:30 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Well, it's finally Friday, and I'm looking forward to a wonderful Girl
Scout event this evening.  We're having a sleepover at the Veteran's
Center and part of the program will be teaching the girls how to use
telescopes, and showing them the wonders of the night sky.  Mr. Maurice
Hawthorne has graciously agreed to help with this program.  I think it
will prove to be both memorable and educational for the girls and their
leaders.  (The only part I'm not looking forward to is the sleeping on
the floor part.  I dread to find out what I'll feel like by in the
morning.)

Congratulations go out to John and Shirley Calhoun, who just became
proud grandparents again.  Their daughter Cari and her husband, Jeremy
Alexander, are the proud parents of a baby girl, Abby Lynn.  And since
she was born on Aug. 16, the anniversary of Elvis' death, John should be
able to remember it.

Our menu for today includes:

            Beef and rice bake  (new recipe)
            Oven fried potatoes
            Winter blend vegetables
            Black eye peas
            Pasta bar

Our fast food is PIZZA.

And for dessert come and try a piece of Nina's Strawberry Crisp, made
from another new recipe.
Have a great weekend,