[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Aug. 17 Happy Birthday Ali Oop!

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Aug 17 10:25:00 CDT 2006

Hi friends,

You know how they put seemingly stupid warnings on items in the interest
of safety?  Now I know why they put the one on the car shade devices,
(you  know, those things you stick inside your windshield over your dash
to keep so much sun out so your car doesn't explode from the heat).  The
warning says something like "Vehicle must not be operated with this
device in place."  When I get off work and go to get in my car, it is so
hot in there that after I roll the windows down to let the super-heated
air out, and turn the AC on and UP, I can hardly bring myself to remove
the shade contraption because I don't want the sun shining in there and
making it even hotter.  I've been giving serious thought to planting a
shade tree on top of my car!  I had an email recently that gave
different ways that you know you're in Oklahoma in the summertime,
including that the best parking spot is not the closest, but the one in
the shade, that you learn that you can steer your car with only two
fingers, that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron, and
hot water comes out of both taps.  Sad but true!

Be sure and wish Ali Martinez a very Happy Birthday today!  She's
another year better today.

Our menu for today includes:

             Hamburger steak
             Steamed red potatoes
             Rice
             Green beans
             Baby carrots
             Winter blend vegetables

Our fast food is a Deli selection with chips.

And for dessert we have some great Chocolate No Bake Cookies.  Better
hurry before I eat them all!