[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. May 18

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu May 18 09:55:15 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying the first week of summer hours.  It's nice to
have a little extra time to get stuff done or just to rest, isn't it?
More time for mowing, spreading tick granules or just walking around
checking out things we often miss outside, like a nest of new baby
birds, little green blackberries that will become dark and tasty about
next month and whatever flowers you can find blooming.  One of my
favorite things to do is to go down the hill to check on and feed the
ducks and look for the beaver.  I have only seen two of the ducks
lately, so I'm hoping that means that the other female is on a nest
somewhere.  I actually got to see the beaver the other evening, swimming
around close to where I was feeding the ducks.  It didn't seem too
disturbed by me.  It didn't slap the water with it's big flat tail the
way they will when they sense danger or get startled.  Then I walked a
little further back and looked toward a little area that looks like an
island across the water and there was a big brown lump there that I
first thought was a rock.  Then I looked closer and noticed the shape.
It was another beaver!  We may have a whole family of busy beavers down
there before the summer's over!  How neat!

If any of you are looking for a new puppy or grown dog to take into your
family, PAWS is having an adoption day this Saturday in front of Roy's
Grocery Store.  Come on down and see all the puppies we've got that need
to find good homes with loving families.

I'm supposed to be off tomorrow, so I may find out what's for lunch
tomorrow and send out another email later on today so you'll know what's
coming up.

Our menu for today includes:

       Pork chops
       Macaroni & cheese

Our fast food is Barbecue on a Bun, Baked Beans and Chips.

And for dessert we have Ice Cream with Toppings and some yummy Orange
Cake with fluffy frosting.

Come on over and try some,