[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Aug. 13

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Aug 13 10:11:20 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

What a foggy morning!  I couldn't believe how thick the fog was all the
way to work this morning!  You really had to watch for oncoming
headlights closely to see if you were about to get mowed down, or if you
might be able to make it across the road in one piece if you went really
fast!  The thick fog was probably a major factor in why there were a
couple of dead raccoons in the highway just down our hill.  They're so
fuzzy and gray they probably blended right in and didn't stand a chance,
especially since they don't have headlights!

You may have noticed that we have set up our serving line a little
differently than in the past.  We are trying to have our main course
meat choices  in the first area where our server is, and our side
dishes, vegetables, etc.  in the second area.   Since we're going to
lose Irene in about a month, we're trying to learn to make do with only
one server where we previously required two.  Now if we can just get our
customers trained to go on down to the other side to find all the good
veggies, etc. and not think we've turned into total carnivores...

I got an email today from a friend in Chicago with a picture of an OLD
picture postcard of Mitchell Hall from back in 1911 when we were still
the School of Mines!  Sounds like something Kim Pendergraft would love
to have for our archives.  I wanted to attach it to my menu but wasn't
sure how to go about it, so if anyone would like to see it, let me know
& I'll forward it to you.  Maybe I need to take a computer class, huh?
I don't know nearly as much as I'd like to about these contraptions.
Just enough to be dangerous, some would say.

Our menu for today includes:
             Smoked pork chops
             Smother pork cutlets
             Pizza
             Pasta bar
             Potatoes au gratin
             Cornbread
             Crispy cube potatoes
             Pinto beans
             Cabbage
             Fried okra
             Turnip greens

And for dessert a big piece of Chocolate Cake out to satisfy those
chocolate cravings!