[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Dec. 4

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Dec 4 11:11:44 CST 2008

Hi folks,

Brrrr!!!  It's pretty nippy out there today, but I guess that's just a
preview of what's to come later this winter.  I'm sure hoping for no ice
storms this year.  They're dangerous, expensive, inconvenient and do so
much damage to our wonderful trees!  Without our trees around here we
might as well live in the desert!

I was just looking at the calendar and noticing how many events are
coming up so fast in the next week or so!  (I can't believe next week is
finals week, either!)  Tomorrow Eastern will have the honor of hosting
the unveiling of a bust of Don McLanen, the founder of the FCA
(Fellowship of Christian Athletes) in the Fieldhouse here on campus.
I'd always heard of the FCA organization back when I was in school but
had no idea that it had its roots so close to home here.  There will be
a reception following the unveiling in the East Cafeteria.

Tomorrow evening and Saturday evening the Wilburton High School Speech
Dept. will present "Grease" at 7:00 in the Wilburton High School
Auditorium.  I know this was performed on campus a few years ago, and if
theirs gets anywhere near the kind of audience that ours did, you'd
better get there early to get a seat.  I didn't realize this when it was
performed here and tried to get in at a few minutes til opening time and
was turned away due to a standing room only audience!

This Sunday will be our 82nd Annual Candlelighting here at Eastern, with
2 performances, one at 5:00 and the second at 8:00.  There will also be
a Fall Recital next Wed. Dec. 10 at 2:00 also in Mitchell Auditorium.

Next Tues. will be our Potluck Christmas Feast here on campus in the
Ballroom from 11:30 to 1:00, so be deciding what kind of delicious food
you're going to bring!

We have several of our "seasoned veterans" here at Eastern that will be
retiring this month too:  Blaine Villines, our head of Security, Marolyn
Fazekas of the Business Office, and Teddy Marmon our Keeper of the
Fleet.  They're leaving some really big shoes to fill, and will all be
missed terribly.  I know we all work toward the goal of someday not
having to get up and go to work, and we wish them all the best, but
every leavetaking for whatever reason leaves a big hard-to-fill hole in
our Eastern family.

Our cold weather menu for today includes:
          Goulash
          Baked potato bar
          California blend vegetables
          Corn
          Cheesy vegetable beef soup
          Cheeseburgers
          French fries
          Hot rolls

And for dessert have a piece of German Chocolate Cake or a serving of
Peach Cobbler.

Have a  great day,