[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Oct. 26

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 26 10:06:49 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Looks like another wet, chilly day today.  Most everyone is pretty well
bundled up, but sure enough, when I walked over to the Business Office a
while ago, there went a guy in shorts and flip flops.  I don't know if
some people are just abnormally warm blooded (in which case I could use
a transfusion), or if they just don't think to look outside before they
get ready in the morning and by then just figure it's not worth it to
turn around and change clothes.  I think shorts and flip flop weather is
about over for this year.

We've got a couple of busy weeks and weekends coming up on campus with
everyone getting ready for the Halloween Carnival this weekend, and then
Homecoming Week coming up next week.  The Halloween Carnival has been a
big hit with everyone since it's beginning a few years ago, with all
kinds of games, food booths and other attractions to entertain the
guests.  And Homecoming Week is once again a big deal, with different
entertaining events during the week, culminating in the Parade downtown,
and of course the Homecoming Game, and crowning of the King and Queen on
Saturday.

Our menu for today includes:
          Chicken and dumplings
          Pizza
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Chili with bean soup
          Vegetable succotash

And for dessert, have a slice of sunshiny Lemon Cake.