[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday. April 16 Grill Open

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Apr 16 10:05:43 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I'm back after taking a day off to attend a cousin's funeral.  The sad
thing is, he was in really great shape up until a few months ago, then
they found a mass in his brain, and in only a few short months we had
lost him.  And he was one of those wonderful people who always helped
others before himself.  It would be such a wonderful thing if a cure
could be found for cancer before we lose another wonderful person like
my cousin, Buddy.  Your contribution to and participation in Relay for
Life, coming up on May 21, will help make this a reality.

On a brighter note, at last I'm beginning to see some color in those 3
round shaped trees on the front lawn surrounding the clock tower!  I had
begun to think they were dead, but I guess they are just "late bloomers".

As I drove by, I noticed that our rustic Eastern Oklahoma State College
sign is now history, removed to make way for a new one to match the
style of the new building.  I believe in one of the upstairs halls in
the Student Center there's a whole line up of photos of each different
sign that has marked Eastern over the years, so soon, there should be
another addition marking this era in the school's history.

I noticed last night that quite a few booths are already setting up for
the Green Frog Festival this weekend.  Given the weather report, I hope
they can stay dry and open.  So many towns have festivals celebrating
something significant or unique to their area, and the Green Frog
Festival, named after the old Green Frog Cafe that operated in the heart
of downtown Wilburton for decades is Wilburton's attempt to host a
Spring festival to bring people to our town.  Our Fall Festival in
October has become a major attraction, so if the Green Frog Festival
becomes anywhere near as big as it is, we'll have two big hits on our
hands!  With our rich coal mining history, too, I noticed that there's
going to be a "mine" set up downtown.  I want to go see how they managed
that!

Happy Birthday wishes go out for this Sunday to our Cafeteria Director,
Mildred Whisenhunt.  I hope it doesn't rain on her day, so she can go
play in the dirt.  She loves her yard and flowers, and really enjoys her
time planting and growing beautiful things.

Our menu for today includes:
          Fish sticks
          Scalloped potatoes
          Pinto beans
          Turnip greens
          Cornbread

And for dessert, have a luscious piece of Chocolate Cake.

Have a great weekend,

Rhoda   :-)

P. S.  Don't forget to participate in Trash Off Day on Saturday!
rw