[Eoscstudents] Speech Department offerings for Spring 2024, now including Acting!

Timothy ONeal toneal at eosc.edu
Thu Dec 7 13:30:41 CST 2023

Hey students and advisors!

A class I’m happy to announce coming back to Eastern after a few semesters
gone is SPCH 1103 – Acting! (TTH 1-2:15)

Have you ever wanted to be on stage?  Have you ever wanted to delve deeply
inside the study of a character unlike yourself? Have you ever wanted to be
more comfortable in uncertain situations?  Acting can be that class for you!

This will be a class where you’ll learn how to begin to hone your personal
instrument: body and voice.  You’ll explore the inner workings of
characters: what makes them tick, what causes them to react the way they
do, and how to use that information and more to honestly interact with
others on stage.  You even learn to look at making choices that you may not
make, but your character will, thus shaping you to become a more flexible
decision maker in your own life.

While this class is not a requirement for any major, it can certainly be
used as a general elective and make you a much more rounded student in many
fields of study.

Also just as a reminder, SPCH 1113 (Fundamentals) is still offered in three
varieties:

100% Live: You come to class every session and we work together on theory
and practical activities of interpersonal communication and public
speaking. (Various offerings)

Hybrid: You’re more self-motivated, so we split theory and practical
application between BlackBoard and in-class lecture and activity. (T 10:00
- 11:15)

Online: You’re highly self-motivated and willing to work at your own pace
with assignments due throughout the semester. (16 week is currently closed,
but both 8 week courses are still available)

If you’re interested in any of these courses, sign up now!

I hope to see you there,

Mr. O’Neal

---

*Timothy O'Neal, MFA*

Speech Department Chair/Humanities Professor

P: 918-465-1762 | C: 918-318-0110

Eastern Oklahoma State College

1301 W Main | Pratt Hall 133 | Wilburton, OK

eosc.edu <http://www.eosc.edu> | radio.eosc.edu <http://www.radio.eosc.edu/>