[Oacrao-l] Directory Information requests

Julie Sawyer sawyerjk at nsuok.edu
Thu Apr 9 09:18:14 CDT 2020

Troy:

The only increase I've seen in requests are for grade distributions rather
than directory information for individual students.

Thanks,
Julie

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 9:15 AM Troy Milligan <milligant at redlandscc.edu>
wrote:

> Have any of you had a dramatic increase in directory information
> requests?  I have received a lot of requests from various groups that have
> “marketing partners” who appear to be sales organizations, but also from
> generic Gmail accounts and from out of the country (Germany and Denmark, so
> far) as well.  I am concerned about our students getting phished or spammed
> if we gave out their directory information.
>

> How do you handle such requests?
>

> Thank all of you, in advance, who reply.
>

> Be safe and stay healthy,
>
> Troy
>

> [image: https://www.redlandscc.edu/RCC.png]
>
> *Troy Milligan*
> Coordinator of Institutional Research & Effectiveness
> Redlands Community College
> https://www.redlandscc.edu/
> Troy.Milligan at redlandscc.edu
> Office: 405.422.1206
> 1300 South Country Club Road
> El Reno, OK 73036-5304
>

> Redlands Community College provides a learner-centered environment
> committed to academic excellence strengthened through service and civic
> engagement.
>
> ***CONFIDENTIALITY*** - This e-mail (including any attachments) may
> contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information and is
> intended only for the individual(s) addressed in the message. If you are
> not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy
> this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
> sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any
> attachments from your system. Any unauthorized disclosure or use of this
> information is prohibited. Information contained herein may be subject to
> the Privacy Act of 1974, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
> (FERPA), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of
> 1996 (HIPAA).

Julie Sawyer, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Institutional Effectiveness
Northeastern State University
Tahlequah, OK
918.444.2210

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended
recipient or his/her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and deleting this email immediately.