[Oacrao-l] Directory Information requests

Troy Milligan milligant at redlandscc.edu
Thu Aug 13 09:54:24 CDT 2020

Update to my question from April – at that point in time, we had a significant increase of directory information and grade distribution requests, including some from generic Gmail and foreign email addresses.  I put a hold on those requests with a statement about our directory information process being reviewed by our administration in consultation the Attorney General’s office, but there might be a delay because of COVID-19; this gave me time to work with our IT team to design a form for such requests.  In that interim, two of the generic Gmail requestors said they “no longer needed the information”.  Once the form was designed, I emailed all of the requestors in my data request ticket holding file a link to the form to restate their request through our new, official means of request.  Of the 13 remaining requests, only two have requested information.  I’m sharing a link to our request form, as it seems to be effective in “weeding out” the phishing type of requests.

Troy

The link is: https://www.redlandscc.edu/data-request

[https://www.redlandscc.edu/RCC.png]

Troy Milligan
Coordinator of Institutional Research & Effectiveness
Redlands Community College
https://www.redlandscc.edu/
Troy.Milligan at redlandscc.edu<mailto:Troy.Milligan at redlandscc.edu>
Office: 405.422.1206
1300 South Country Club Road
El Reno, OK 73036-5304

THIS MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED FROM AN EXTERNAL SENDER.