[Oasfaa] Spring 2007 OTAG Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Fri Dec 8 15:50:18 CST 2006

Uncommitted 2006-2007 OTAG funds are available to accommodate the extension of the FAFSA receipt date cutoff for OTAG awards for spring only to 6-7-06.   Only spring semester funds can be claimed for these additional students.  The EFC cutoff remains 1500.

Due to state offices and many institutions being closed as a result of the weather last week, we were unable to meet our scheduled deadline of December 1 for providing this information to you.  We regret any inconvenience the delay may have caused.

Pre-populated Award Claim Forms generated by OTAG for spring will include:
*	students who were awarded in fall 2006
*	students who were awarded and subsequently cancelled, unless they were cancelled due to a change in EFC greater than the 1500 awarding cutoff
*	students with award potential who were not awarded in fall but could be awarded in spring -- this group includes students with FAFSA receipt dates from 1-1-06 through 6-7-06

As was the case last year, students included in an Excel pre-populated Award Claim Form for spring will be sorted by Awarded, Cancelled, and Pending status, and this status will be displayed in Column J.  On the FTP Award Claim Form the status will be displayed in Field #11, Position 71.  As in fall Award Claim Form reporting, institutions using the pre-populated will delete information for students who should not be paid in spring (even if they were paid in fall) and edit the information as appropriate for the students to be paid in spring.  More detailed instructions will accompany the spring pre-populated or blank template reports.

If you would like to receive a "work copy" pre-populated Award Claim Form to assist you in identifying additional students who can be awarded in spring, please send a request to reports at otag.org.

Please contact our office at 405.225.9456 or toll free 877.662.6231 or send e-mail to reports at otag.org if you have questions or require more information regarding spring OTAG awarding and disbursement processes.

We wish you all Happy Holidays!

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392