[Oasfaa] (no subject)

Marilyn Schwarz mschwarz at mscok.edu
Tue Jul 18 15:23:14 CDT 2006

I have a Selective Service issue I could use some help with.  The
Selective Service System sent me a letter indicating that they never
sent notices regarding the requirement to register but that it is my
final decision to determine if my student's failure to register was not
knowing or willful based on the documentation submitted with this
letter.

The student attached a letter stating that he never knew about the
requirement to register because he was home schooled from the age of
eight and his father was born and raised in another country.  Any advice
you can give me on how you would handle this would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks!

Marilyn Schwarz

Financial Aid Director

Murray State College