[Oasfaa] OHLAP-Plus for Fall 2006 and new claim forms

Alexander, Carol calexander at osrhe.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:51:54 CDT 2006

As you will recall from the spring 2006 semester, there was a limited one-time source of residual scholarship funds available to be awarded to students from the federal Gear Up grant.  These funds were not extinguished during the spring and summer terms, and according to our calculations, we will have enough funding to continue these awards through the fall 2006 semester.  However, we do not expect funds to be available for the spring 2007 semester so these will be fall-only awards.  The funds are required to be awarded under criteria similar to the OHLAP-Plus award of previous years.

The funds are available to students under the following stipulations:
*	The student must be receiving an OHLAP award
*	The student must have graduated from high school in 2002 or before
*	The student must be eligible for a Pell Grant of any amount (EFC of $3,850 or less, this is the same as what was done for spring 2006)
*	The amount of the award will be equivalent to the student's OHLAP award
*	The award must not create an overaward situation; however, because these funds are federal GEAR UP funds, the award can be used to replace EFC

The 2006-07 claim forms are currently available on the OneNet server where you access the eligibility report.

I will begin maternity leave in early August, so if you have further questions, please contact Bryce Fair at bfair at osrhe.edu or Lynn Dennis at ldennis at osrhe.edu.  Claim forms should be e-mailed to Lynn.

Carol Alexander
Scholarship Coordinator
Oklahoma's Promise - OHLAP
655 Research Parkway, Suite 200