[Oasfaa] 2006-2007 OTAG Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Thu Jun 1 11:36:53 CDT 2006

As you are probably aware, the Oklahoma Legislature adjourned on May 26 as constitutionally mandated, without having passed a FY07 budget.  With appropriations undecided, we do not know the amount of funding that will be provided for OTAG awards in 2006-2007 and unfortunately cannot provide an estimated awarding cutoff date (date FAFSA received) at this time.  We feel confident that the program will be funded at least at the same level as in 2005-2006, and the EFC cutoff will remain 1500.

The State Regents' budget request included an increase for OTAG of $4.8 million for the primary purpose of increasing the award maximum for students attending public institutions.  We do not know the outcome of this request and will provide updated information as soon as we can.  We do understand that the unknown status creates packaging issues for campus financial aid offices.

We also want to let you know that we are exploring possible options to alleviate the problems encountered in 2005-2006 when a significant amount of funds remained available after spring disbursements were paid.   We expect be ready to provide more information regarding these possible options soon.

Also, without a budget, we do not know the funding level for the Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant (OTEG) program, and again we do expect at least level funding.  We will provide information to the participating institutions as soon as a decision regarding OTEG funding has been made.

We surely do hope to be in touch soon. :-):-)

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392