[Oasfaa] Loan Limit changes (my whining)

Weiss, Laura lweiss at ogslp.org
Wed Sep 13 12:17:04 CDT 2006

Jonna,

OGSLP has discussed this issue over the last couple of days to determine
if there were any shortcuts that a school might be able to use that
would reduce the delay in processing without increasing the workload.
Unfortunately (and we will whine along with you), it appears that the
effective date is restrictive to "loans certified on or after 7/1/07".
The only option we could think of besides certifying on or after 7/1/07,
would be to go ahead and certify for the old loan limits prior to that,
then certify a supplemental loan for the difference after 7/1/07.
However, this option does increase your workload by certifying a second
loan.

If anyone else has thought of a way to process for the new loan limits
in your office, we would be glad to hear about your alternative method.
As always, our Client Solutions Reps will gather and share any best
practices they are able to pick up while visiting our schools throughout
the state.