[Oasfaa] Upcoming OASFAA Events

Laura Coponiti lcoponiti at usao.edu
Wed Sep 13 14:29:27 CDT 2006

Greetings OASFAA,

I hope you all are surviving the fall term, just think the worst is almost
over.  Before long all the aid will have been disbursed and

the FISAP submitted, then what will you do with all your free time?  How
about taking advantage of some great training opportunities!!

The fall conference is scheduled for October 25th-27th at the Clarion
Meridian Hotel & Convention Center.  The conference committees

have been working hard to make it an informative and fun time, so be sure to
come and "Get Your Kicks Traveling Down Route 66" with us.

There are two options for hotel accommodations.  You can stay at the Clarion
Hotel, 405-942-8511, for $65 a night or the Hilton, 405-942-1400,

for $109.  Marcia Carter, our conference chair will send out more details on
conference and hotel registration in the near future.

I would also like to inform you of a free training that will be held
Tuesday, October 24th, from 8:30 am to approximately 5:00 pm, the day before

OASFAA.  The Department of Education will be hosting a one-day workshop
covering the provisions of the Higher Education Reconciliation Act,

with a special focus on the Academic Competitiveness Grant and National
Smart Grant.  This training will be held at Francis Tuttle Technology Center

and requires a separate registration.  If you have not already done so you
may register on IFAP.  Go to School Portal and click on FSA Training,

look for HERA Training, click on read more, and then click on register now.
For those who need to stay over Tuesday night, OASFAA has

made arrangements with both hotels to give us the conference rate.

Decentralized Training has been set for November 17th, at Rose State
College.  Some of the topics on the agenda are: distinguish between
verification

and resolution of conflicting information; identify the rules and
regulations; examine institutional policies and procedures; review
verification codes;

and much, much more.  Pam McConahay will be our trainer, so come prepared to
be educated and entertained.

As you can tell we have a lot of great opportunities coming up.  Be sure to
mark your calendar and clear your work schedule so you can take

advantage of all the great things your association has to offer.

See you next month!

Sincerely,

Laura Coponiti

OASFAA President