[Oasfaa] Vicki update

Emerson, Kristina K kristina-emerson at utulsa.edu
Tue Apr 17 16:15:41 CDT 2007

Hi Everyone...

Once again let me tell you thank you for all the cards, emails and phone
messages we have received for Vicki...it means so much to her and we
appreciate it!!!!

I have some good news to report and will have more tomorrow but wanted
to make sure I got this out before I left...

They believe she has what is called Epstein-Barr Syndrome...a virus that
she will always have from what I understand.  As of right now her IV is
out, her catheter is out, she is off the morphine, having less pain,
less nausea, and the swelling is coming down.

We are so thankful that they have finally determined something...today
was the 9th day in the hospital and she had been ill since the 31st...

I promise I will update you in the morning when I get to work!!!

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS, PRAYERS AND
SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!  THEY HAVE BEEN FELT!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi

Kristi Emerson

Assistant Director, Student Financial Services

The University of Tulsa

600 South College Avenue

Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104

918.631.3325