[Oasfaa] Another Vicki update

Emerson, Kristina K kristina-emerson at utulsa.edu
Fri Apr 27 15:02:20 CDT 2007

Had to share some positive news as we all are ready to hear it!!! :)

Just talked to Steve as when I had talked to him earlier, the kidney
doctor had not been in.  She wanted to have her lunch at in the waiting
area, so Steve took her out there and she ate a portion of her lunch
tray.  She is now back in room resting.

Her creatinne is down to 1.7.  All doctors have agreed to NOT do the
kidney biopsy as the kidney is  improving on its own and they do not
want to  compromise doing the test.  Her platelets are still low but
they are addressing that.  The infectious disease doctor indicated that
she may be going home in a few days.  However, the kidney doctors still
want to make sure her kidneys are functioning well enough and that her
levels are all good.  But, at least, we did hear the word about going
home.  That is sweet music to our ears :-)

She is getting up more today, but each time she does, she does require
rest shortly after.  Please continue to pray for her added strength.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS, PRAYERS AND CALLS TO OUR OFFICE...WE
APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi