[Oasfaa] Vicki update for 4-28-07

Emerson, Kristina K kristina-emerson at utulsa.edu
Sat Apr 28 20:22:21 CDT 2007

Hi Everyone...

I am in OKC this weekend and just talked to Vicki's dad and wanted to send out what I know as of today...

Today is not as good as yesterday...still having some real difficulty breathing...they have scheduled another chest x-ray for later this evening to check the fluid in and around her lungs.  She can only do the breathing treatments 4 times a day and it does help her for a short while  The P.I.C. line that they put in the other day came out yesterday when a nurse was trying to use it...they decided not to reinsert but did have to put in a new IV today in her arm to administer some meds.  They were able to remove the cathader which is very good news because her output is good.  I know I told you yesterday they were not going to do the biopsy by they have ordered a kidney biopsy for Monday.  The infectious disease doctor says that all tests are coming back incluclisve and he feels that this will help him determine what is going on.  They did the blood transfusion and gave some platelets yesterday to help some of those levels as they must be up in order to do the biopsy.

You all have been so terrific in lifting her up each and everyday and I just ask for you to continue to do so...you all have really come through and shown her just how loved she is by so many and it has helped to lift her spirits!!!!  She told Bill today that she is just so tired...we CAN NOT let her get down as she needs to continue to fight!!!!!

Thank you all again for everything you done and for loving our dear friend!!!!

Kristi