[Oasfaa] Vicki Update.......from me:):)

Hendrickson, Vicki vicki-hendrickson at utulsa.edu
Wed Aug 1 16:08:55 CDT 2007

Hi my Dear Friends!

I have heard so much about the e-mails that were sent out by Kristi,
that I thought it would be fun to send what we hope is the last update.
I was able to start back to work TODAY part-time.  I am thrilled to have
this part of my life back to "normal" again.

I thought this might be a good time to express my gratitude to ALL OF
YOU during this  past "season" of my life. Thank you for all your
prayers, love and support.  I feel so overwhelmingly grateful to have
been given a second chance at life, and I feel very, very blessed to
have such  wonderful friends, family and  colleagues that supported me
through this illness.  I received hundreds of cards and e-mails, most
made me emotional, some made me laugh, all made me feel very loved.
Thank you for taking the time to touch my life, it's hard to express how
much they have meant to me.

There were many times over the last four months that I would be
completely overcome with fear.  One day I was reading the Bible and came
across Psalms 91, it brought me much such peace and comfort.  I read
that chapter almost daily, and have not struggled with fear since that
time.  When you have time, read it in the New Living Translation (my
favorite), it's pretty perfect.  I have learned alot about faith over
the last several months, and will continue to learn about faith through
the rest of my life as I continue to strive for "remission" of this
illness.

This illness has profoundly affected me, I have learned that

*	I strongly dislike hospitals, but am forever grateful for
competent nurses and doctors
*	I have a new appreciation for the "normal things of life", (i.e.
walking, writing, typing, climbing stairs, or simply "going to the
bathroom")
*	TU is an awesome place to work, and I have a wonderful
Vice-President and Administration.
*	I have an awesome staff who picked up the pieces during the
worst time of the academic year to be out of the office, thank you for
all your concern, loyalty, and hard work! You make me successful in my
job!  I love you guys and am so thankful we all get to work together!
*	Cards and emails touched not only me, but my family and staff
members at the hospital (literally, everytime I have to go back to the
hospital, someone will say, "aren't you that lady on the 14th floor that
had her entire room covered in cards, you must have some really neat
friends....") I have to agree, I do have some "really neat friends...."
*	I value and love my husband, children, and Dad more than ever
before.  When faced with adversity, they were and are such strong
individuals.  Never take for granted the time that we have to spend with
and influence our family, we can never regain that opportunity.
*	Although I had so many friends and family that helped me during
this time, I had several individuals that stretched all boundaries, you
know who you are, and I will forever be indebted to you.  Thank you and
I love you dearly!
*	God is still in the miracle working business.  The doctors say
that I am "such a mystery" to them; however, I prefer to think that I am
a miracle.  I am so grateful for every single prayer.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your love and concern.  I am forever
grateful for your friendships!

Forever grateful,

Vicki Hendrickson