[Oasfaa] Pro Rata Refund Calculation

Daniel Watkins daniel.watkins at swcu.edu
Fri Aug 31 10:26:28 CDT 2007

As I have not run across this situation in my time as a financial aid
officer, I am calling on my knowledgeable colleagues! We have a first-time
freshman that decided to completely withdraw during the first week of the
semester. This student had not turned in the necessary verification
documentation, so no FSA funds were disbursed. I was told there is a DOE
regulation that says the school cannot charge over a certain percentage for
a first-time freshman that withdraws. The term I was given is "pro rata",
but the only thing I can find is a document on the IFAP website from 96-97.
>From what I have found, this regulation has been done away with, but I
wanted to run it by you all to see if you have any other information. Thank
you for any help!

--
Daniel Watkins
Financial Aid Director

e-mail: daniel.watkins at swcu.edu
voice: (405) 789-7661 x3456

*Note: This communication and attachments, if any, are intended solely for
the use of the addressee hereof. In addition, this information and
attachments, if any, may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading,
disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using
this information. If you have received this message in error, please
promptly notify the sender and immediately delete this communication from
your system.