[Oasfaa] Oklahoma's Promise supplemental funding update

Fair, Bryce bfair at osrhe.edu
Thu Mar 29 17:06:07 CDT 2007

Yesterday, the Governor approved the $5.5 million supplemental appropriation for the Oklahoma's Promise-OHLAP program.  Many other sections of this bill (HB 1234 - http://www.sos.state.ok.us/documents/Legislation/51st/2007/1R/HB/1234-LIV.pdf ) were vetoed by the Governor.  The supplemental appropriation for Oklahoma's Promise is also impacted by another bill (HB 1233 - http://www.sos.state.ok.us/documents/Legislation/51st/2007/1R/HB/1233.pdf ) that transfers monies between two state accounts to make the monies available for the supplemental appropriations.  The Governor also signed this bill yesterday.

In short, an official with the State Office of Finance has indicated that it may take until Monday or Tuesday (April 3) of next week before their office can make the funds available to the State Regents.  At that time, our office will process the claims back through the Office of State Finance as quickly as we can.  We hope this means that the funds will get to the institutions by the week the week of April 9-13.

We'll let you know if we learn more details.
Thanks for your patience.
Bryce Fair

Bryce Fair
Assoc. Vice Chancellor for Scholarships & Grants
Phone:  (405) 225-9162
Fax:  (405) 225-9230
E-mail:  bfair at osrhe.edu

Mailing Address: