[Oasfaa] OTAG Fall Deadlines

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Wed Nov 28 08:49:15 CST 2007

As a reminder for campus staff responsible for OTAG disbursements and
reporting, a document that reflects the OTAG Timelines and Procedures
for 2007-2008 is attached.  This information was first provided to
institutions on June 28, 2007, and we followed up with a reminder on
September 11, 2007, regarding upcoming fall semester deadlines.  All
OTAG-program related announcements are made on the OASFAA list serv, and
we are trusting that institutional staff who need this information are
subscribers to this list.

The deadline for submitting fall 2007 Award Claim Forms was November 9.
Exceptions to this deadline that would merit consideration at this time
are those that are based on extraordinary circumstances for which the
institution's president submits a request for Chancellor Johnson's
approval.  While it is not our intention to deny eligible students, it
is expected that being the end of the semester, any disbursements not
already requested would be the result of unavoidable or extraordinary
circumstances either on the part of the student or the institution.  If
you have identified unpaid students for fall, please do bring them to
our attention.

Please also be reminded that the established and previously announced
deadline for finalizing outstanding fall 2007 disbursements is November
30.  If your institution submitted an award claim in early November, we
trust that you did so with the understanding that the timing of your
submission would not provide an automatic extension to this deadline to
allow your institution the normal 30-day time frame for disbursing the
funds.
OSRHE is scheduled to announce any changes in spring 2008 awarding
criteria by December 5.  Our ability to meet this date commitment is
dependent in part on cooperation by ALL institutions in promptly
disbursing their remaining OTAG funds and finalizing their disbursement
reporting.  This will assist us in gathering the information we need to
determine available funds spring 2008 awarding, which affects students
and institutions statewide.  We will appreciate understanding and
cooperation by all institutions.
Please contact me if you have questions or require further information.

 <<2007-2008 OTAG Timelines & Procedures.doc>>
Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392