[Oasfaa] Funds Available and Options to be Considered for Additional OTAG Awards for Spring 2008

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Wed Nov 28 09:06:06 CST 2007

With fall 2007 OTAG Award Claim Forms now processed and finalized, and
the November 30 deadline for wrapping up fall 2007 OTAG disbursements
approaching, it is apparent that uncommitted OTAG funds will be
available to accommodate additional awards for the Spring 2008 semester.
Based on an OTAG policy change approved recently by the State Regents,
we will have the option of not only extending the FAFSA receipt date
cutoff beyond 4/30/07 but also extending the EFC cutoff above 1500.  The
revised awarding schedule approved by the State Regents at their October
2007 meeting is attached for your information.

To clarify, these additional awards will be for the Spring 2008 semester
only and will not include funding for the fall 2007 semester.  As of
today, it appears that available funds will be in the neighborhood of
$1.8 million which will accommodate an estimated 3,600 students for
single-semester awards.

Attached is a quick survey requesting input from participating
institutions for our use in deciding the appropriate approach for
expanding the OTAG awards pool for Spring 2008.  Please take a few
minutes to complete and submit your completed survey to the OTAG office
by either e-mailing it to reports at otag.org or faxing it to 405.225.9392.
Since we are committed to announcing a decision regarding Spring 2008
awards by December 5, we are asking for your completed surveys no later
than close of business on Friday, November 30.

Please contact our office at 405.225.9456 or toll free 877.662.6231 or
send e-mail to reports at otag.org if you have questions or require more
information regarding the attached award payment schedule or survey.

 <<2007_AWD_PAY_SCHED_FLAT RATE_EFC_FINAL_1007.doc>> 	 <<Quick
Survey_OASFAA_1107.doc>>
Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9378    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392