[Oasfaa] summery of otag responses

Jonna Raney Jonna.Raney at okbu.edu
Wed Aug 6 10:15:21 CDT 2008

Several of you asked me to share the responses I received regarding disbursing OTAG early.  The responses were mixed with more saying they wait for the funds.  Some schools do front the money and those that do are from state schools with the privates taking the more conservative option of submitting the claim and posting the funds when the money arrives.

I also heard from Shiela at the Regents and she confirmed that there is nothing in the statute which prevents schools from choosing the reimbursement method.

I'm hoping to move to the reimbursement method and we will add a statement to our withdrawal policy that if a student w/d before the reimbursement from the state arrives, the funds will be removed from the student's account.  That should take care of the risk factor for the most part.  I think the awarding process has become so much simpler in recent years that if we award a student OTAG (with the requirements in mind) we will get reimbursed.

Thanks again to all who responded! I hope everyone has a GREAT year!

Jonna