[Oasfaa] Campus E-Card Questions

Karen Jeffers jeffersk at redlandscc.edu
Wed Dec 10 11:23:30 CST 2008

Good Morning!

We are thinking about implementing a Campus E-Card on our campus.  This card would allow students to use financial aid funds to purchase text books in the bookstore, purchase food and drinks on campus, use our printing services, etc.  Our initial thoughts are to collect the student's authorization to apply Title IV aid to the campus card including a dollar amount which will work similar to a pre-paid credit card.  As we have been discussing how this would be implemented,  it has raised a few questions.

If we allow the student to authorize the college to allocate Title IV funds to their campus card, can we...
                Allow the student to carry a credit balance of Title IV aid (on the card not the student billing account) so they can use it throughout the semester?
                If the student decides they want their credit balance refunded to them, is it acceptable to charge a fee?
                If the card expires (due to non-enrollment), is it acceptable to keep the remaining funds or does this need to be refunded back to the student?
                Are all or part of the charges/allocation subject to the R2T4 calculation if the student withdraws?

If anyone has experience or knowledge regarding a campus card or similar process I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. If you can direct me to any regs that support your responses that would be wonderful!

Thank you in advance!!
Karen

Karen Jeffers
Director of Financial Aid